Thursday, May 26, 2011

Impulsive Impetus.



Curious George has always loomed large in my mythology. From the first time I saw him sucking on lemons on Captain Kangaroo to reading the books out load (with voices) to my kids. We have a collection of him in most rooms and in various garb to fit his location. The bathroom finds him dressed with goggles and snorkel, in Sarah's room he has blue striped PJs, and on the front porch next to our fishing gear he is dropping a line. Whenever my kids can't find something to give me for a Birthday or Christmas he is likely to be the purchase of last resort. He is a bank, a tumbling toy and even on a plastic football. But he hardly ever leaves the house. That is until this Wednesday...
~
My friend Catherine is a rabid foaming at the mouth Sailing Anarchette. This week she is on vacation and doing the "Down the Bay" Yacht Race. As I said, George doesn't get out much, so when she mentioned she was doing this I asked her if she'd do him a favor and take him on an adventure that I would record here as they go. Like the old Gnome thingie she will be capturing his antics as they happen and I will be faithfully recording them and posting them here.

Let the Anarchy Begin!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.
obeedúid~

No comments:

Post a Comment